Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I have chosen to blog about pediatrics and occupational therapy. While this may be a broad topic, I wanted to write about this because this is the area of OT that I want to go into when I graduate. I have always loved working with kids and I love the idea of making their lives better. I have been playing volleyball since I was 11, and recently I have taken up coaching. Last year I worked with 14 year olds, and this coming season I am coaching 12 year olds. I love working with them and teaching them, and seeing them grow and improve is very rewarding. Maybe someday I can even use volleyball while working in OT. Tonya is a pediatric OT that uses seated volleyball to improve balance and endurance in kids. Volleyball requires coordination and dexterity, which makes it a perfect exercise for kids working on those skills. Also, by using a balloon, this minimizes risk for any injury and makes the sport accessible to anyone. I hope to learn about connecting with others with similar interests through blogging and improving my professional writing!

Reference: therapyfunzone.net/blog/seated-balloon-volleyball/

No comments:

Post a Comment